BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
abaxter
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, I think there has to be a way to do this, but I can't quite get there on my own.  Here's the problem I'm trying to solve: I have a graph with a categorical data item on one axis.  I would like the graph to display two values of the categorical variable--one selected by the user and another that would be constant across users (i.e., one that I choose as the designer).  I was thinking that there might be a way to create a custom category that combines the parameter with the user's choice with the constant choice. Or maybe there's a completely different way to approach.  Curious what everyone would try.  I'm using VA 8.3.1.  Thanks so much! -Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abaxter
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks to @jaseit , this one turned out to be pretty easy to solve.  Use an advanced filter on the object to restrict to the parameter and the value the designer chooses.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
abaxter
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks to @jaseit , this one turned out to be pretty easy to solve.  Use an advanced filter on the object to restrict to the parameter and the value the designer chooses.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation