BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi community,

Is there a way to refresh a report when the data source is updated.

We have a report where the data is updated every 15 minutes and we want the user to see the latest data without clicking the refresh button every time.

Regards
Balraj
7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Balraj,

This question has been asked before and a workaround was suggested. See the Visual Analytics Refresh Report thread for details.

In future, it's may be a good idea to search for your question first. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
PavanKumar2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

I couldn't get that work around. can you please help me in this.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There is a auto-refresh option in some versions of Visual Analytics Viewer. What version are you using?

PavanKumar2
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Currently we are using SAS VA 7.4

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In the modern (HTML5) version of SAS Visual Analytics Viewer, there is a Report Refresh option under Settings. However, this is a per user setting. You cannot set it globally.

Praveen_1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Great thanks in advance...

I have prepared a dashboard in SAS VA and my target table in data source (OracleLivedata) and i have scheduled the job for 120minutes interval to fetch the data for getting the dashboard refresh.

any ways table is getting refreshed as per scheduler but the dashboard is not getting refreshed.

can anyone help me same on priority basis.

Regards

Praveen 

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Visual Analytics has some refresh options. For example, in Visual Analytics Viewer, click on the icon representing your ID in the upper right, select Settings, look under SAS Report Viewer > Report Refresh. 

In Visual Analytics on SAS Viya, there are options at the page and object level to periodically reload data. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation