BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
manial
Obsidian | Level 7

How do i figure out how many  simultaneous users can use SAS VA in our current VA set up 7.3.

Windows server with non distributed lasr server.

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ask your SAS local office office, they will have sizing documents that will work the other way too.

It all depends on what your users are doing, the size of the data, how many cores and memory you have.

As a rough guess i'd say 2-4 heavy users and up to 20-30 report consumers 🙂

//Fredrik

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the information.

Will keep the number in mind and also get in touch with the SAS.

Br,

m

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi @manial,

I'm glad you found some useful info! If @FredrikE's reply was the exact solution to your problem, can you "Accept it as a solution"? Or if it was particularly helpful, feel free to "Like" it. This will help other community members who may run into the same issue know what worked.

Thanks!
Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @AnnaBrown,

Yes, @FredrikE's reply has given us the good idea about the sizing and as suggested we got connected with SAS for sizing queries with details of our server configuration, no of tables and table size and number of users, type of super users and report consumer.

BR,

m

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation