BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
govdata_guy
Fluorite | Level 6

I've been able to get the network maps to work the way I want in 8.2, but when i converted and used the same categorical data (which is nationality as you can see from the redacted screeshot) into geo items, the data does not plot itself automatically on map. Am I missing a trick somewhere. how do i overlay source and target geo data on a network map? Anyone?

networkmaps.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi, the network plot doesn't automatically turn on geospatial rendering - you will need to go into Options panel and check the 'Map background' option. Note, this option is only available if both your source/target roles are geographical items. From your screenshot it seems the 'nationality' data item is still a categorical item (it's icon indicates it's categorical). So make sure to change it's classification to geographical first using the data panel (icon should become a globe). The same applies to the target role.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi, the network plot doesn't automatically turn on geospatial rendering - you will need to go into Options panel and check the 'Map background' option. Note, this option is only available if both your source/target roles are geographical items. From your screenshot it seems the 'nationality' data item is still a categorical item (it's icon indicates it's categorical). So make sure to change it's classification to geographical first using the data panel (icon should become a globe). The same applies to the target role.

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

govdata_guy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Falko,

Thank you for the blazingly fast reply. I added the geo data categories and the map background selection appeared in the options menu. All's good. Thank you very much

Loved your fatality analysis dashboard btw 🙂 

nw3.jpg

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Awesome. That's looking good!!! Glad it helped.

Cheers, Falko

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation