BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

I'm a new SAS VA user and I'm using SVA v8.5. I have a couple of questions regarding display rules/display options which I've tried to search but could not find anything related so I'm gonna put them here in 1 ask.

1. Insert a mini bar chart into a list table?

I was browsing for some demo dashboards and I ran into this one. There is a mini bar chart (I don't know what else to call it) inserted into this list table. Does anyone know how to do this?

myleha_0-1615813498193.png

2. Control Button Bar: Can I choose 2 values at the same time?

I have a control button bar like below and I want to choose both 'Active' and 'Checkout'. I tried but couldn't click 2 values at the same time. Is it possible though?

myleha_1-1615813866871.png

3. Drill-down Bar chart: Can the color of the bar chart when drilled-down be changed?

I have an example in this link: https://tbub.sas.com/SASVisualAnalytics/?reportUri=%2Freports%2Freports%2F1ccd88c8-38a6-4473-90e0-8b...

When I clicked on 'Electronics', it drills down to sub-components of Electronics (screenshot below).

I want to change to color of the drilled-down bar chart, how can I do it in VA? 

myleha_2-1615815089799.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

1. For the mini bar chart, select the list table, and then open the Options pane. Scroll down the list of options. You will see Cell Graphs. Click New cell graph

2. Button bars are single-select. List controls support multiple selections. List controls are not supported in the page or report prompt area if placement is at the top of the report. But you can change placement to the left or right in order to use a list control. 

3. One way to change the color is to create a display rule for each value of electronics

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

1. For the mini bar chart, select the list table, and then open the Options pane. Scroll down the list of options. You will see Cell Graphs. Click New cell graph

2. Button bars are single-select. List controls support multiple selections. List controls are not supported in the page or report prompt area if placement is at the top of the report. But you can change placement to the left or right in order to use a list control. 

3. One way to change the color is to create a display rule for each value of electronics

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

That was brilliant! Thank you so much, Madelyn!!

One last thing, I saw an interesting side scroll in this demo. I don't think I've seen it in the tutorial.

When I clicked on it, there's another similar object but with different grouping criteria. I wonder how to do that? I was able to create a targeted bar chart, but didn't know how to do this side scroll. 

myleha_1-1615818614805.png

myleha_2-1615819308398.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That appears to be a stack container with a couple of charts in it. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation