BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I am trying to have a timeseries line graph convert into a bar chart via page linking. When selecting a point on the timeseries graph it opens a hidden tab revealing the bar chart with the current date selected. I'd like to add a breadcrumb for users to remind them what date they are looking at when this happens.

I was thinking of doing this via parameter, but I am unable to recall how to assign the correct date to the parameter from the action of selecting the chart.

Can anyone assist? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Or you can use a text box with interactive filters enabled:

HunterT_SAS_0-1686771342225.png

And this would show you all filters applied to that page including whatever you had from the time series:

HunterT_SAS_1-1686771654046.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Unfortunately you cannot assign a parameter to a graph like the time series plot, they can only be set by prompts.

If the goal is to show users on the hidden page what date they are looking at, could you do something as simple as adding a list table or a button bar or something like that to the hidden page with your Date column assigned to it? That way when the page is linked, the List Table/Button Bar/whatever should get filtered to the single date coming from the Time Series plot. Or have I misinterpreted what you are trying to do?

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Or you can use a text box with interactive filters enabled:

HunterT_SAS_0-1686771342225.png

And this would show you all filters applied to that page including whatever you had from the time series:

HunterT_SAS_1-1686771654046.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation