BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TomHsiung
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello, everyone

The chord diagram is a nice visual presentation of data between nodes. Yesterday, with the kind help of the SAS community, I learned how to make the Sankey Diagram to represent data flow. Now I am thinking of the method to create a chord diagram by SAS Viya. I searched and there is no information about this topic in the SAS community. Any ideas? Thanks

Here is the product of a chord diagram. Source: https://www.data-to-viz.com/graph/chord.html (Looks like they created it using R. Complex)

unnamed-chunk-1-1.png

3 REPLIES 3
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Unfortunately, this particular graph type is not available as native object in SAS Visual Analytics. You could however look into the generic Data-Driven visualization object which allows you to embed any graph type really. For this, you may want to look into the D3 based version and follow the SAS documentation on how to write such custom graph. There are also tons of existing data-driven content examples if you just want to try out a few before writing your own. Hope this helps! Falko

TomHsiung
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you, @FalkoSchulz

I will dig into the issue further based on your recommendations.

Regards,

Tom
TomHsiung
Pyrite | Level 9

Update on 30Aug2024

I edited the raw data using SAS Viya for Learners. Then I made the chord diagram by the "circlize" package in R. Below is the medical reference I read recently, and the strips connect journal names and article tags. Cool stuff!

Many thanks for your attention!

Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 8.20.33 PM.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation