BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
samstheway
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

I am new to the world of SAS VA and still exploring things that this great product can do. I have a business requirement in which they want to run a business logic or a rule on selection of 2(From and To) dates. I am creating a service misuse dashboard/report where the business has a rule which covers something like how many transactions were with the same name but different Userid between 2 dates.

These transactions are the transactions coming into a web service for a response.

I have a dataquery which runs of the transaction table and calculates the logic but my predicament is how do I pass the dates from the VA report into this data query and then execute it.

Hope I have explained the requirement.

Thanks for your help.

Samir

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The usual VA approach is to load all history into a VA memory table then use the report prompt to select the data for your report. You don't need to run a separate query to select data this way as the report prompt handles it all.

samstheway
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi
Thank you for your response! I have the history of all transactions in my VA Table but my requirement is to find out how many of those transactions breached the "Same Name Different UserID" rule in a given period of time as selected by the Report User. So the selected time frame gives me all transactions which breached the rule in that period. If I calculate the rule for the whole dataset I would not be presenting a true picture of the Rule Dataset.

Thanks!
Samir
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is it possible to derive and store breach counts per day in your history data and then use that via a date selection prompt?

samstheway
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Thank you! Well it is possible to do that but what the requirement is : "To know how many transactions came through with the same Name and Different UserID for a selected peiod of time".

Now if i calculate this rule on a dayto day basis there is every possibility that many transactions will be false negatives. I mean they will be missed as SNDUid will not calcualte to true.

That is the issue. I am happy to put forth the suggestion but knowing the busines they will say No.

Is there a way I can get a data query executed on the fly using parameters from the SAS VA controls?

Thanks!

Samir

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not following why you need to calculate your business rule on-the-fly. If Name and Userid are in your data, then counting occurrences where they are not equal and also not missing prior to loading into VA still seems fine to me. I suggest you post a data example to illustrate your problem.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation