BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DBLEG
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a table with a few columns : Month,  Amount Direct, Budget and Amount All and DS (cfr attach).

I want in my SAS VA dashboard a bar chart with Month as Category variable and Amount and Budget as measures. So far so good.

Below the bar chart, I want to see the column DS per Month as shown in the attachment.

What I need is a horizontal display of a list table but that does not exist.

Alternatively, I tried with a crosstab but I never succeed in showing only the values. I don't want to see the lines between row and column headers, etc ...

I found a solution by defining a list table per month (with filter on it) but that is not a good solution. We have a lot of similar KPI's so once you want to change an option, you have to do it for all tables seperately (same with filter on month).

How to deal with this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It might be possible of you use the graph designer and stack two graphs on each other. The top one as the one you attached and the bottom one with the DS.Use category as shared rule and format the bottom graph so that the bars are white so only the label is visible. Change the label color (usually the same as the bars). Create a calculated measure with value=0 so that the bars are minimized.

Just a thought 🙂
//Fredrik
DBLEG
Calcite | Level 5

If I use a calculated measure with value = 0, then I get 0 as well as data label instead of the percentage in my DS column, no ?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation