BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jithuzoom
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi  SAS VA experts,

I  am working for a bank  and currrently created a number of reports and explorations in Developemnt/UAT  folder (LASR) and now

I need to copy them to production along with changes to the datasource names(same dataset with production names).

I am doing this manually now ( copying to production folder and linking to production data source) and ought to do 100's of reports and explorations.

I would like to do this via  program /script and automate this copying process.Could you please help and let me know your vaulable thoughts on this.

thanks

JP

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There are batch import/export tools. See

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p16u72wwciy3y0n1wq3i...

You should read all of the documentation first. In particular, you will have to look to see if the scripts support changing table names during the process, or if you will have to do that afterwards.

jithuzoom
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi madelyn,

That documentation is for promoting metadata items in sas di studio tool  as sas  package. But I cannot see such options ,'Export as package' in SAS VA. 

Thanks,

Jithesh

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Export as Package can be done in SAS Management Console by switching to the Folder Tab then selecting the VA folder your reports are stored in then right click to get the Export as Package option.  

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The batch tools let you perform promotions from an operating system command line or batch script. The batch import tool and export tools are called ImportPackage and ExportPackage. The tools are located in the following path:

SAS-installation-directory/SASPlatformObjectFramework/9.4

You can execute these tools on any machine where the SAS Platform Object Framework is installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation