BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shrutianand
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All

Appreciate any help on the issue below.

I need a Bar chart to be filtered based on input from two different drop downlists (Image illustrates desired output).

I do not know how to get the chart to respond to inputs from two controls.

(In essence it should do the same work a time slider does, but don't know the inner workings of a slider so cant replicate the effect)

Could someone please shed some light on this.

FYI: The two dropdows are cascading: they are supposed to be used to specify a range.

So if in the the first dropdown, you select 5...the second dropdown would should you the remained of the months (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

When the user selects a month in the 2nd dropdown(for example '9'), the chart should show the range of months from 5 to 9.

Thanks a ton!

Snippet.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi shrutianand,

I'm glad that you found your solution! Can you share it with the community in case someone else runs into the same issue?

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation