BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Brian_MSB
Calcite | Level 5

I'm attempting to create a Geo Region Map using state abbriviations as my geography, but the map does not seem to be working.  When using the same data sets though, I am able to create a Geo Bubble Map.  Why would my data set work for the bubble style but not the region?  The only data I'm using is balance and state abbrieviation.  I'm using version 7.3.

Thanks,

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

What is not working for the region maps? Is there an error? Look in the lower right corner for a yellow warning symbol. If you see one, hover over it to see if it displays more detail.

Brian_MSB
Calcite | Level 5

There is no error message.  The states do not color.  I have the legend at the bottom that shows the values and colors, but on the map there is not a color gradient.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Unlike the other geo maps, the region map uses a stored process. The most common reason why the stored process doesn't run is that the stored process is not set to execute on the SAS Application Server that Visual Analytics is using. For example, you might have Visual Analytics running on SASAppVA but the stored process is executing on SASApp.

To check the execution server, log in to SAS Management Console with an administrative account. On the Folders tab, navigate to  /System/Applications/SAS Web Infrastructure Platform/Web Infrastructure Platform 9.4/Utilities. Right-click GeographicMappingService, open its Properties and look at the Execution tab.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation