BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I would like to ask if would you know if there's a function to determine the user-group in sas visual analytics data preparation?

For additional information. Our requirement is to display the Department or Branch in just 1 Bar Graph as Category. Let say if the User is under Department Group the graph should display Department data only, if user is under Branch Group the graph display Branch data only. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Carrot17

2 REPLIES 2
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @Carrot17,

Have you considered using row-level security on the underlying table and to achieve what you're after? Have a look at the paper, http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1779-2015.pdf which may provide you some ideas on how you can use row-level security to subset the data. To meet your requirements for your bar chart, you could have a new computed column that is based on conditional logic within your data - depends on the structure of your data.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Carrot17
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @MichelleHomes,

Thank you for quick response. Yes, we already applied the row-level security and we already have the copy of SAS1779-2015. If we add computed column as conditional logic it is too long as we have many Users and I believe the data preparation expression has a limited length only. The reason why I am looking for function to determine the user-group is to lessen the length of expression. Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Carrot17

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation