BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ldenney
Obsidian | Level 7

Any suggestions on how to forecast in VA using a week? I can calculate a week field (1 thru 52) but it appears SAS does not recognize it as a date in the forecast. Any help is appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

have you tried the week function?

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/lefunctionsref/63354/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1ka2ulrvr...

you should be-able to at least create a new variable containing the week value and do the forecasting.

Reeza
Super User
Leave it as a date field but apply a date format and then try that.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

To be able to do forecast you need a date variable. On that variable you can assign different formats, but (at least in v7.4) there are no week format and you can't do forecast on week...

As far as I know :0

//Fredrik

ldenney
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for your suggestions. V7.5 doesn't offer a week format...there are many other format types but not week as an option. I can create a calculated field but VA doesnt recognize it as a date only a number. I'm considering building the forecast in Base SAS and bringing it in as part of my dataset. Just thought I would check to see anyone else has this issue.
Reeza
Super User
That sucks. If you go to Find a Community>SAS Ballotware>New you can add this as a feature request to have it considered/added to a future version, if it already hasn't been added.
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

One way could be to create a date variable with the value of the first day in each week, so for everyday in the week you create the date of the first day in that week.

Don't know if it is possible, but one way to solve it.

The backdraw is that you can not display the week number in the report.

//Fredrik

mskatymay
Calcite | Level 5

I had this issue (using v 7.4) and to solve it I created a data variable for the last day of the week.  So in visualizations I can show both (or either) the date or the "week end date" for summaries. I could not find a way to set up weeks as summary periods for doing any periodic comparisons.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation