BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
roperw
Calcite | Level 5

I'm Grad Student at University of Illinois and also at Austin Community college.  I have SAS Studio which is great.  I want and need to delve into SAS Data Analytics - especially on how to deal with - Terabyte sized data sets.  What commands does it take to 'ingest those files'.

And How can I get access to SAS Data Analytics as a Student-Grad Student to LEARN?  Really.  I have used SAS since Pifzer Pharmaceuticals.

Walter Earl Roper

Austin, TX, Champaign, IL

roperw@uisalumni.org

walter.roper@g.austincc.edu

( I find too many arguments over Oracle OBIEE and SAS Data Analytics.  They both WORK.  I prefer SAS but that is MY Opinion)

2 REPLIES 2
meredithbailey
SAS Employee

Hello Walter, 

Thank you for your interest in learning SAS Visual Analytics. As a graduate student, you will have access to SAS Visual Analytics and Visual Statistics. SAS is a partner of Teradata University Network which will allow you to learn data visualization software with no cost. Attached below is a link that will provide more information on how college students and professors can access SAS software.

http://www.sas.com/en_us/offers/14q3/teradata-university-network-tun/overview.html

Best, 

Meredith Bailey 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
For your first inquiry - ingest, is quite vague. When we talk about data at this size, there's the data management and a data exploration portions. Both tightly connected to your specific requirements and other site specific constraints.

For storing the the data Base SAS engine is probably to "weak". Consider SPDE, SPD Server or an external MPP solution such as Hadoop or Teradata.

Generally speaking the syntax for dealing with large data sets is quite the same as dealing with smaller ones. It rather comes down to how your physical data model looks like.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation