BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Steve_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

In taking the SAS Academy class on Data Science, the Virtual Lab instructs you to start the Administrator "panel" while in IE 11. But the web site will not show because Flash Player is not enabled. Following instructions, the Shockwave add-on does not appear in the list under manage add-ons. Just burned a whole hour on Virtual Lab time. 

Any ideas, solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Did you download and install it at some point? If not, try that first. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/shockwave.html

@Steve_SAS wrote:

In taking the SAS Academy class on Data Science, the Virtual Lab instructs you to start the Administrator "panel" while in IE 11. But the web site will not show because Flash Player is not enabled. Following instructions, the Shockwave add-on does not appear in the list under manage add-ons. Just burned a whole hour on Virtual Lab time. 

Any ideas, solutions?

Steve_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Shockwave has been discontinued. So my SAS class is dependent on Shockwave, on a Virtual Lab, wherein I can no longer download the needed software. SAS, next step?

Note:

Effective April 9, 2019, Adobe Shockwave will be discontinued and the Shockwave player for Windows will no longer be available for download. Companies with existing Enterprise licenses for Adobe Shockwave will continue to receive support until the end of their current contracts. Adobe continues to offer a rich set of content creation tools through Creative Cloud, including Adobe Animate CC for authoring interactive content for multiple platforms, such HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, Flash/Adobe AIR, and others.

For more information, please see the FAQ.

Reeza
Super User

Please contact the official SAS Support team then. This is a community forum, so you get users like yourself primarily though SAS employee's do monitor and check in periodically. 

I think you can try learning@sas.com or support@sas.com

https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas/email-sas-technical-support.html

@Steve_SAS wrote:

Shockwave has been discontinued. So my SAS class is dependent on Shockwave, on a Virtual Lab, wherein I can no longer download the needed software. SAS, next step?

Note:

Effective April 9, 2019, Adobe Shockwave will be discontinued and the Shockwave player for Windows will no longer be available for download. Companies with existing Enterprise licenses for Adobe Shockwave will continue to receive support until the end of their current contracts. Adobe continues to offer a rich set of content creation tools through Creative Cloud, including Adobe Animate CC for authoring interactive content for multiple platforms, such HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, Flash/Adobe AIR, and others.

For more information, please see the FAQ.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation