BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rahajawadi
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community!

I am new to SAS and currently learning about linear regression. I have a question regarding the variable listing in the fit summary tab. I noticed that some variables are listed without any color assigned to them. I'm wondering what this means. Does it indicate that these variables are not significant at all? Or could it imply that they were removed from the model during the backward elimination process?

Furthermore, I would appreciate guidance on how to identify which variables were excluded during the backward elimination process. Is there a specific way or indicator to help determine this?

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
Stu_SAS
SAS Employee

Hey @rahajawadi! The different colors help give a quick visual as to what level of significance a factor is. For example, very dark blue means it's significant at the <0.00001 level, while a lighter blue may indiciate it's significant at the 0.01 level. 

You are correct in that the factors with no bars have been eliminted using backwards selection. You can confirm this by expanding the object in the top-right corner, then selecting the "Selection Summary" tab:

Stu_SAS_1-1689711280084.png

All analytics, statistical, and machine learning objects in Visual Analytics have more information to show if you hit the expand button. Some even come with natural language generation. Try out some other models and see what you can find!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation