BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CameronF
Obsidian | Level 7

Potential bug that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I've created a stack container containing half a dozen, simple crosstabs. I followed this post to create a button bar control based on a parameter; in short, the goal was to allow the user to select whether they wanted weighted or unweighted data to be displayed.

I set up the button bar to interact with each of the tables within the stack container and it appears to work fine, except that for some reason, as soon as the interaction is created (either through the interactions 'view' or through the interactions tab on the right pane), the first column disappears. Not empty, just missing, as though it has been deleted and every subsequent column shifted left. This occurs for each of the tables.

If I duplicate the table, the missing column magically reappears in the correct place. If the duplicated table is then set up to interact with the control object, it disappears again.

All replies appreciated.

EDIT: The column also reappears if the interaction is deleted.

3 REPLIES 3
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

If I understand correctly you are applying interactions from the button bar to other objects? When you use the button bar to hold parameter values you should not apply interactions from that button bar. I have no clue whether this will solve your issue with the mysterious disappearing column...

CameronF
Obsidian | Level 7

Kind thanks for the response Frank.

I'm not sure I understand - if there is no interaction between the button bar and other objects (in this case, crosstabs contained within a stack container), how would the button bar then be used to filter the tables? Are you saying that a button bar which holds parameter values can only be employed as a report/section filter?

CameronF
Obsidian | Level 7

Does anyone have any further suggestions before I give up entirely?

For the record, the column's disappearance is unaffected by the type of control, or whether the control is placed as a report prompt, section prompt, or embedded within the individual section. I'd welcome any feedback concerning whether this is unique to crosstabs, or whether anyone else has experienced this bug, since it renders the parameter/measure 'trick' in the cited blog post completely useless.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation