BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Warsh
Calcite | Level 5

Is there any way to filter dates, but allow the full range of dates only for aggregated measures?

For example, I want to create a geo region bubble map, with a value, let's say inquiries, as the size for a selected month. I also want the color to be based on change from previous year (using an aggregated value) for a different metric, let's say sales.  So if a user selects January 2015, I want the map to be sized by inquiries for January 2015, and colored by % change in sales from January 2014 to January 2015.  The problem I run into, is when I use a filter on the map to select January 2015, it filters out January 2014, and the aggregated measure comes up with no value. Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm not aware of a way - I have learned to do things where I didn't have to use a filter.  For instance, I built the aggregated measure using the Periodic Operators under the Aggregated Measure.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi Warch,
There is a way to do this using parameters. Assign your year selection to a parameter using text input.
Now create two calculated field (act and last year) and fill them if year of date equals selected year or year before.
While using aggregated measures to accumulate the data by select period, you can compare last year with actual year.
The period/month can be selected with a any other object.
greeting and success.
Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation