BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
damiano89
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm testing Visual Analytics 8.2 trial version. I've created a report with 2 data sources (source 1 and source 2) which have a common field and I've map them.

If I define a drop-down list based of a field which is in source 1 (but not in source 2), can this object filter source 2 data?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Please post some example of your datasets and explain your question with an example.

RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

Yes. New in Visual Analytics 8.2, you can filter a visualization from one data source by a filter control, or another visualization, that does not display the mapped data item(s). Most controls and visualization types in VA 8.2 support a new hidden role. For the mapped data item(s) that you don't want to display in your drop-down control, visualization, or both, be sure to include the mapped data item(s) in the hidden role for the control, and for visualization if you don't want to display the mapped data items there either.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation