BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pallav
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

I have been working on SAS VA for some time and stuck in couple of tasks.

1) I need numeric values display in particular format of india (99,99,99,99,999.00) which is not available in sas by default. I created user define picture format and applied on data to display values in that form

and also place format in configuration directory.

Problem is : in SAS VA my sale_amt value on which format is applied is converted in category which i can not change to measure. Because of this I can not create cross tabulation having sale_amt as

measure. Any solutions?

2) I have created user define format on numeric data to convert it in category. I want sorting to be done in VA according to unformatted  value. I was able to do it on SAS VA. But in Mobile BI sorting order is changed. so report on VA is good but on ipad it is having different sorting order (according to formated value) Any solution for this??

3) In cross tabulation :-- in Column definition , I have used one variable called prod_category. Some of the value in prod category are more than 30 characters. so when viewing in IPAD is troublesome as on row level i have 3 level hierarchy.

Is there any option to wrap column name on cross tabulation?? which can be viewed proper in ipad.

Appreciate your answers.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

for 1/ did you define the format as picture type (keeping it numeric) and not translated it to char (the common approach)?

Char type representation is only being of classification type.

For 2 and 3 I am offside

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Pallav
Calcite | Level 5

I have created picture format using below program

proc format ;

picture amt1 low- high ='00,00,00,00,00,009.99';

run;

proc format ;

picture amt low- high ='00,00,00,00,00,000.00';

run;

Am I missing something here??

Thanks

Pallav

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

No you did not miss anyting,
The SAS syntax I correct. So the next or original question is why SAS-VA would transform this into a category and you cannot change that into a measure,

---->-- ja karman --<-----
sat_lr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

for Task 3

try using wrap text option as it will display complete text in Ipad. But, it will become large as you will have to perform significant scroll operation. So in this case, effective usage of filtering would help a bit for your visualization.

for task 1, the only option would be to format the data type to measure. I cannot think any solution than this. In SAS VA you can convert measure to catgry easily but the viceversa is not a simple job to do on the fly.

satlr

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation