BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smygarn
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

When I´m trying to import files I receive an error message. I have been able to do this before, and according to our Admin nothing has changed. Anyone have suggestions on what could be wrong? This applies to .sas7bdat, .csv and .xlsx files. Have not tried any other format. Also the preview is fine but when I go forward and try to import the table this error shows up. Appreciate any suggestions.

signature.PNG

Kind regards,

9 REPLIES 9
smygarn
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, I have googled this before I made the post. However a server restart fixed the problem, at least temporary.

smygarn
Calcite | Level 5

That sounds plausible, I´ll forward this to the admin. Thanks for your help!

mojerry_realdolmen
Obsidian | Level 7

To figure out where the signature file location is : 

Open SMC.

Right-click on Environment Management > Server Manager > Public LASR Analytic Server.

Then Properties > Options > Advanced Options > Additional Options and check the value for "Signature files location on server".

You can have this issue when the VA server is on autostart and autoload data.

CY
Calcite | Level 5 CY
Calcite | Level 5

How do I re-create a signature file so I can load tables again into the Laser server?

mojerry_realdolmen
Obsidian | Level 7

signature file is created by SAS. So you should empty the folder and then retry this.

Do you have the same error message?

is it wintel or linux running? If linux you can execute the setuid.

sophiehd
Fluorite | Level 6

Is that true to assume that everyone who has access to SAS VA should have the right permission to access the /tmp folder and hence create the signature files when importing data? 

OR

Do we have to check individual permission to the folder?

Thanks

mojerry_realdolmen
Obsidian | Level 7

good question,

You should have/create a group where the sas users are existing. 

No rights means no import.

kind regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation