BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

I've design a VA report on a metadataserver and I need to export it to another metadataserver.

With the WRS Report is possible by Managment Console exporting in a package t.

Is it possible with the VA report, too. And How???

8 REPLIES 8
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Start you SAS VA Management Console and select the "Folders" tab.

Find the location of the stored report and rightclick on it.

Here you can select the "Export SAS Package".

Just copy the create file to the other server and import it here.

Please be aware that only the report has been copied and NOT the possible data/querry set-ups.

If the data source is not already availeble on the other server, then you might have to copy these to in the same way.

Greetings and good luck....

Peter

Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

I've already done what you suggested.

The VA report ('2G' objects) are not neather visualized nor selectionable.

On the contrary with the WRS report ('SAS Report') it works perfectly.

Could it be a problem wiht the version of the Managment Console? I've the 9.4 version.

Thank you anyway

DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

The most likely reason for what you are seeing is a missing module.  In order for SAS Management Console to be able to export a package containing a VA report ('2G') is because the jar files necessary to do that export aren't installed on the SAS MC machine.  If you use the SAS Management Console that was installed during the deployment og VA, everything should be in place and you should be able to export your reports.

Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you David.

I've checked that I miss some module. I hope that as soon as possible they'll be installed. I don't manage the SAS Depot.

boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

We have the same problem with SAS Management Console 9.4 in Windows 7.

I have raised a track with SAS Tech Support.

Update: Advice from Tech Support (Sydney) was to install various Logical Types modules with Deployment Manager into our Windows 7 desktops. This worked.

Barnipaz
Obsidian | Level 7

I think it depend on what version of MC is installed.

I don't remember any more wich one we had, anyway, we upgraded it and the export of G2 report has began to work.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks for sharing the upgrade worked for you.

I recall seeing a usage note about this and thought I'd add the link for reference. It gives a bit of background/reasoning to the Tech Support person's advice mentions above. 55607 - SAS® Management Console might not enable you to use the promotion tools to move SAS® Visual ...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
boschy
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Michelle. My search included "2G" and therefore I missed that SAS Note.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation