BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

suppose I have report, with a cross tab in it, using some filters I find some data generated in Cross tab is interesting. Can i export that cross tab data to MS excel.

IN SHORT:

Is there any posibility to export the data in MS excel from viewer mode from any report object like cross tab or list table.

Thanks

Sundeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Sundeep,

Sorry for the delay,  I had to find a report I created in 7.3 that had a list table and a crosstab to use as a test case.  Using the Classic SAS Visual Analytics Viewer in 7.3, I was able to export the data from each object to Excel using the "Export" item on the context menu.  (This menu item should open the Export or Save As window, where you can select that you want to export to Excel.)

Here's what the menu looks like when I right-clicked on the list table:

LISTTABLE.jpg

Here's the menu when I right-clicked on the crosstab:

CROSSTAB.jpg

I was able to create an Excel 2007 Workbook for the list table and another for the crosstab.

I hope this helps,

Joy

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @sundeep15685,

this should not be a problem if you have the right authorizations/capabilities assigned from the SAS metadata (Export Data).

Not sure if the Export to Excel is available for that option, but you should be able to export to PDF or SAS table. 

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0e940elmw80xhn1esz72...

I suggest you to contact your SAS administrator in order to align 🙂

I hope this can help you, please let us know if you ar able to do it.

Regards,

Juan

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

The option you were saying is in the data exploration, but not in report I gues. If I generate a report and provide it to my manger, he is not able to export it to Ms excel.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks 

Sundeep 

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Sundeep,

SAS Visual Analytics Viewer and SAS Visual Analytics Designer don't provide a way for you to export an entire report.  You can export the data from individual report objects (like crosstabs, list tables, graphs, and so on).  You can also export images.  (See Exporting Content from the Designer.)

I'm not sure which release of SAS Visual Analytics you're using.  However, the modern viewer in the 7.3 release doesn't support exporting either data or images.  (See the list of key points in the Open a Report in the Modern Viewer topic.)  You'll have to revert back the classic version of the viewer in 7.3, if that's the release you have.

-Joy

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Joy,

Thanks. This answers some of my questions in my mind.

But still one question boggles me, Can we export the data from a cross tab
or a list table in a report into EXCEL file when we are viewing the report
in viewer mode.

Thanks
Sundeep

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Sundeep,

Sorry for the delay,  I had to find a report I created in 7.3 that had a list table and a crosstab to use as a test case.  Using the Classic SAS Visual Analytics Viewer in 7.3, I was able to export the data from each object to Excel using the "Export" item on the context menu.  (This menu item should open the Export or Save As window, where you can select that you want to export to Excel.)

Here's what the menu looks like when I right-clicked on the list table:

LISTTABLE.jpg

Here's the menu when I right-clicked on the crosstab:

CROSSTAB.jpg

I was able to create an Excel 2007 Workbook for the list table and another for the crosstab.

I hope this helps,

Joy

sundeep15685
Obsidian | Level 7

Awesome Joy.

You have solved a big problem. I never came across this feature. I was about to try that with a stored process without knowing whether i can do that with stored process or not.

Thanks Again,

Sundeep.

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Sundeep,

You're welcome!  I hope that you are able to export all of the tables in your report.

-Joy

MikA
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Joy

So, having learned how to export tables from VA to Excel, I'm a bit challanged since I've drop down filters included in the report. If I for example have a date-filter, the excel-output will not show the chosen criteria when exported. I find that problematic. How do I solve this?

Best regards, Mikkel

Udklip1.JPG
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi MikA,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to export the actual filter values using the existing versions of SAS Visual Analytics.  I checked with some other SAS folks, and this would be a new feature request.

-Joy

MikA
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Joy
Thanks for your reply.
Does this mean, it will be a new feature, or will someone (I?) have to specifically request it - and to whom?
Thanks, Mikkel
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Mikkel,

You can request a new feature using the Submit a SAS Visual Analytics idea link.  (It's also available on the right side of the top-level community page.)

Regards,

Joy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation