BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the following message that I get for my barchart:

"the graph object refers to an invalid result".

This pops up in the report viewer in VA 7.4, but not in the report designer. I've googled the message, but I couldn't find what it refers to. Thus, I'm wondering if someone could tell me why I get this message.

Best,

Jian

4 REPLIES 4
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ

Just a couple of questions to get some more details on the issue.

This happens with a standard bar chart or with a custom bar chart?

Does it also happen when you use a default bar chart without customisations or options?

Does it happen when you create a simple bar chart using for instance sashelp.class?

JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Jos,

Thank you for the fast reaction!

To clarify, it happens with a custom bar chart that I made according to this example:

http://support.sas.com/kb/59/480.html

I don't get the error when I use a default bar chart nor when I create a simple bar chart. What I have noticed, however, is that it seems to occur when I use different datasets in the same report. Additionally, what I should've mentioned earlier, but forgot:

In the image below, the variable used in the drop-down list comes from a different dataset than the custom bar chart. In principle, both datasets contain the same data. It's just that the bar chart uses the same data in a long format (to stack it) whereas other list tables in the same section require the data to be in a wide format. The variable in the drop-down list comes from the wide dataset.

VA invalid object.png

Thank you for the help in advance!

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
I believe this exact issue was reported to SAS technical support. You might obtain more information if you open a track and provide a sample data set they can use to replicate the issue. https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/contact-sas.html
JianShen
Obsidian | Level 7

I see, thank you for the help! 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation