BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi mates,

I'm trying to load a new table in Visual analytics and i'm getting the following errors:

-------------- Task Summary --------------
SUCCESS (SASJob PreCode)
ERRORS (Load Table)
----------------------------------------------
ERROR: The HDFS file has blocks stored on machines that are not included in this server.
ERROR: The HDFS file has blocks stored on machines that are not included in this server.
ERROR: Creation of the in-memory image for HDFS file '/vapublic/relatorio_relacionamento' failed. The file has not been added to
the LASR Analytic Server.

These errors started after they restarted the services.

Why is that happening ?

What is the solution for this issue ?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

@DartibaliRodrigo wrote:

These errors started after they restarted the services.

When something is "restarted" or similar check whether there were any errors reported related to drives not being available or if a configuration change was made that affects drive mappings and such.

My guess is someone forgot to include a previous setting when restarting.

gabras
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi, i have the same problem. Any suggestion to solve this????

gabras
Pyrite | Level 9

Specifically, while we are attempting to load the table from hadoop to lasr server whe have the following problem:

ERROR: Communication failure between LASR Analytic Server and client application.
ERROR: Creation of the in-memory image for HDFS file '/hps/table_va' failed. The file has not been added to the LASR
Analytic Server.

A different problem exists also when we try to unload the same table from hadoop:

ERROR: The table HPS.table_VA could not be located in the LASR Analytic Server image.

These problems happen not for all the tables we are loading. 

We run each program by sh in a Linux distributed environment.

gabras
Pyrite | Level 9

I made a mistake:

A different problem exists also when we try to unload the same table from hadoop Lasr Server:

ERROR: The table HPS.table_VA could not be located in the LASR Analytic Server image.

I read also this post about "trying to LOAD a table from ODBC Library" to LASR :

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-LASR-Table-Loading-Error/m-p/265374#M3966

The solution is:

"This error is caused when the user is trying to load a table whose table structure is not identical to its earlier version".

If it is the solution, how can i unload this table forcedly?

DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi guys.

Sorry, forgot to answer this.

We still having troubles with this.

It is the cause of earlier version of table, cause we've updated the table in the metadata and in data builder.

Att

sasadmin000
Calcite | Level 5

Just to add another possibility in case this issue is encountered - this can occur if the underlying HDFS cluster is in a compromised state.  Check and possibly restart the HDFS cluster.  It's not very clear from the error message but I experienced this.  2 VMs had failed and restarted.  I had started the LASR server again but didn't think to check HDFS, and it turned out 2 datanodes were also down.  Restarting HDFS fixed it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation