BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Do embedded Visual Analytics reports show up on mobile devices?  I tried accessing a page with an embedded Visual Analytics report and only saw the html portion of the page.  I am using SAS Visual Analytics 7.4.  I downloaded the mobile client.

For example

<html><head></head>
<body>
<table>
<tr><td>
<select>
<option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
<option value="saab">Saab</option>
<option value="mercedes">Mercedes</option>
<option value="audi">Audi</option>
</select>
</td></tr>
<tr><td>
<iframe src=/*URL*/ style="border: 0; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; width:100%; height:80%"></iframe>
</td></tr>
</body>
</html>

4 REPLIES 4
Community_Guide
SAS Moderator

Hello @DavidPhillips2,

Your question requires more details before experts can help. Can you revise your question to include more information? 

Review this checklist:

• Specify a meaningful subject line for your topic.  Avoid generic subjects like "need help," "SAS query," or "urgent."
  • When appropriate, provide sample data in text or DATA step format.  See this article for one method you can use.
  • If you're encountering an error in SAS, include the SAS log or a screenshot of the error condition. Use the Photos button to include the image in your message.
    use_buttons.png
  • It also helps to include an example (table or picture) of the result that you're trying to achieve.

To edit your original message, select the "blue gear" icon at the top of the message and select Edit Message.  From there you can adjust the title and add more details to the body of the message.  Or, simply reply to this message with any additional information you can supply.

edit_post.png

SAS experts are eager to help -- help them by providing as much detail as you can.

This prewritten response was triggered for you by fellow SAS Support Communities member @JuanS_OCS

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Great question @DavidPhillips2, I think it does not. You would need the Mobile BI app.

I look forward a new implementation where HTML5 can actually show up in a responsive way in mobile devices without any built-in app.

Edit: sorry for the message that requests additional details, not my intention. I mis-clicked and cannot be removed 

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I’m wondering if the built in app requires using Visual Analytics directly without the embed.  

I have the mobile client installed.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

SAS tech support said that mobile and desktop clients have multiple know bugs with nesting html via iframe.  I’m looking into report links inside VA.  Is there a way to create a landing page similar to html using report links.  I’m trying to create a menu bar with groups and sub groups.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation