BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
patrick85
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Everyone,

Please I need help on how best to design a dashboard on SAS VA for some data quality stuff. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ok, you put too much details, it's easy to get lost 😶

My recommendations in a general sense are:

• have in mind that you can use different data tables within the same report, 2 objects on the same page can point to different data tables
  • I've been into trouble many times because I developped a report for dynamic usage playing wioth filters and hierarchies but the report user wanted more a static pdf alike printout
  • use rules to apply consistent colors to important levels of a class variable, like the make of a car
  • use the rank functionalilty as it's a way to concentrate on the top x levels. greetings from pareto
  • link obejcts with each other
  • Do not overuse list items, I use them only for control of detail data. If your report consists of mant list items better stick to excel
  • the containers (like prompt or precision) do a good job to achieve a clean layout
  • use parameters for dynamic reports
  • my favourite objects apart for the basic ones are treemap and parallel lines

Without more detail I cannot be more specific.

patrick85
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks that was helpful

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation