BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm using SVA 8.5 and I'm editing user authorization to data tables. However, I encountered this issue. Does anyone have any experience in solving this? 

myleha_1-1621222151249.png

myleha_3-1621222229473.png

myleha_0-1621221967898.png

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Please see the topic Inability to Modify Access in the SAS Viya 3.5 Administration documentation. 

swapnil9099
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @myleha Im facing the exact same issue. I tried reading through the documentation but did not find any major insights.

Were you able to resolve this issue, if yes, please let me know the fix.

Thanks.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Try unloading the table from memory. Then, select the table from the Data Sources tab and try to open Edit Authorization

swapnil9099
Fluorite | Level 6

@Madelyn_SAS  Thanks, this has helped, now I can edit authorization on the physical table.

Going forward, should I edit authorization directly on a physical table or is it preferred to do it on an in-memory table?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The permissions should be set on the sashdat table, not the in-memory table. 

This is from the documentation: 

• If you get the following error: "The access controls for table {name} are being blocked by a loaded table of the same name", select or specify a source file (for example, tableA.sashdat), not an in-memory table. See Application and Persistence of CAS Access Controls.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation