BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

Is there any way to add a dynamic value inside a text box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

What version of VA are you using? I believe dynamic text got introduced in VA 7.4

Hope this helps. Falko

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

What kind of dynamic value you want in a Textbox? Can you give some example?

You can create a calculated field or a parameter and can assign that to a Textbox object.

ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to add a calculated item that I created through a parameter to a text box

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 supports dynamic text. The user guide at https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p08zq1v1bfz46an1frvd... should have some details.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Falko

ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

I tried dragging the calculated item in the text box. However, it does not allow me to do that and displays a message "This report is not for data assignment".

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

What version of VA are you using? I believe dynamic text got introduced in VA 7.4

Hope this helps. Falko

ayushupadhyay22
Calcite | Level 5

I just checked I am using 7.3. Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation