BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I want to dynamically set the data filter of the report, with the type of user login. 

I do not want to use "Row level security"as it will filter the data on the basis of the logins.

For example, What I wish to achieve in my report is:

Three user id:

John (deals with USA data)

Sara (deals with Australia data)

Marc (deals with Europe data)

So, now when John logs in, he shuould be able to see the report dynamically filtered on USA data as per his login, but he should also be able to see the report for Ausrtalia and Europe data by changing the options in the report filter.

Please let me know, if it is possible or if anyone has already done this type of filtering in SAS VA for their reports.

Thanks,

Abhi.

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

What are you saying: should the user have a default filter (corresponds to his/hers interests), but are allowed to see all data, by explicitly requiring it?

Data never sleeps
abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, Thats what I am looking for.  May be its not possible , but just wanted to give it a try.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @abhilashatiwari,

As you have discovered row level security will subset the data visible to the user and won't meet the requirements you are after. Unfortunately there isn't a way to save a default filter value on a per user per report basis in the latest SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 release.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
abhilashatiwari
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I tried to use parameters in my url and it works fo me. I refered to the blog below:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/09/16/accessing-va-reports-with-parameterized-urls/

But, it would be great if SAS had these features automated.

Regards,

Abhi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation