BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
A_Roberson
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to use a list of values or some other type of indicator that would dynamically drive the X-Axis category?

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Are you using proc template + gtl?  If so there is dynamic variables -  search this: http://support.sas.com/rnd/datavisualization/papers/sugi30/GTL.pdf

For dynamics as an example.

A_Roberson
Calcite | Level 5

I am creating this through SAS VA 6.4 and trying not to create much in the way of custom code.

xaxis.gif

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Unfortunately there isn't a way to have a dynamic data item control used in a report object. I raised this as a feature request in August 2013 with SAS Tech Support #77611064595. I envisage this may be very useful for people to use in reports where report objects roles can be dynamically assigned by the end user, similar to the variable selection list prompt type in SAS Enterprise Guide.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
MichaelDalton
Calcite | Level 5

There is a way but it's not pretty. You have to load all the data in single column but use another field to indicate the record type. The first field can be used as an X axis and the record type can be set as a user selected filter. Its not ideal but it works.

muralinori_sas
SAS Employee

This is a good requirement and we are planning for this kind of functionality in the future release.   The idea is to empower business users with the ability to change the Measures, categories and filters, on a report object in a report, on-the-fly, without having to edit (re-author) the report.   For example, end users can replace a measure or a category on a bar chart, from a list of variables and if satisfied, they can save this state of the report as a separate copy, without overwriting the original. 

Cheers,

Murali Nori

KevinDavidson
Fluorite | Level 6

Murali,

It looks like it was VA 6.4 when you wrote this.  Has the ability to pass variable names to another object from a selection list made it into VA yet?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation