BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I would like to ask on what code could I use to drop a table in order for me to delete or drop a table in LASR using Manual Code on Data Builder?

I've tried using the code below using SAS Studio and it works fine. However, when using Data Builder I'm getting an error using the code below.

proc datasets lib= <libname>;

delete <table name>;

quit;

Can anyone suggest an alternative way to do this using Data Builder?

Thanks.

Albert0

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Albert0,

some additional information, such as the specific error, would help us.

However, I would initially expect that you are trying to delete a table from LASR server/RAM memory (not the disk), which could explain error during a drop table. Perhaps you would need to use a code as the following one:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/67213/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1med8qs7yeafjn15d...

Otherwise, it could be a problem of permissions on SAS metadata, but let us focus on the error and the code for now.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juan, 

Below is the screenshot of the error. I need to drop the LASR Table because if there are updates on that table I will hit an error because the old table exists. Basically, on my SAS code (using EG) I coded proc dataset so the table will be drop on the LASR Server. But when I migrate it on the Data Builder of VA, it generates me an error. I'm also wondering that why did the proc datasets work using EG and not on VDB but they both drop the same LASR Table.

Error LASR.jpg

Thanks.

Albert0

alexal
SAS Employee

@Albert0,

From where you loading the data? Are you sure that SAS Enterprise Guide and VDB is using the same application server context? How many application server contexts do you have on the server? All of them have been configured to use UTF8? Also, I would like to know the exact version of SAS and see ViewRegistry Report.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation