BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JimLittle
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a report with several charts that use the same hierarchy for the category role. When users drill down on the category I need to have all charts updated to the same level.

While this works reasonably well in Explorer, I need to use Report Builder which doesn't have this function.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Adelaida
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Jim,
I need to do a similar interaction for my cross tab/charts that use the same time hierarchy. How did you do it in Exploration? I have made an exploration with a cross tab and a bar chart. Both has the Time hierarchy as column/category, but drilling down from year to quarter in one visualisation doesn't change anything in the other. Can you explain please? I really need to implement a similar interaction to make the exploration user-friendly.
Best regards,

Adelaida

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @JimLittle,

If you don't have to drill into crosstabs, this article may be helpful: Keep your SAS Visual Analytics charts in sync through shared roles

Otherwise I'd suggest you to take a look here, where I've used a technique to simulate navigation through a hierarchy via multiple dropdown controls to solve a different problem. All you would need to do is define interactions between the dropdown list and the other objects in your report.

Best,

Renato

cc7
Calcite | Level 5 cc7
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @Renato_sas I'm facing the same issue with Visual Analytics 8.3. Any suggestions on how to apply the same hierarchy drill down automatically across all the objets with the same catergory hierarchy?

Thanks!

Carolina

Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @cc7 ,

The techniques explained previously should still work for the latest releases. Have you tried them?

Best,

Renato

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation