BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LorenzDA
Fluorite | Level 6

I need to fix a SA VA report. The report contains 3 crosstab visuals. The top part of the report has 2 crosstab visuals side by side and the bottom half has one crosstab visual directly below the other 2. The clients get these reports scheduled to them on a regular basis. This is what they use for their archiving and sending to their colleagues. The reports come in pdf format and they have said they are unusable. The reports they are getting have the far right columns of the crosstabs cut off.

To create the pdf I have been using the print functionality and choosing "Show empty rows and columns in table" and "Expand clipped and non-visible content". The pdf created then displays the 2 crosstab visuals side by side at the top (again cutting off columns) and the 3rd visual below it. On the 2nd and 3rd page it then displays the 1st 2 crosstab visuals a second time but this time with no columns missing. Why is it doing this?

I then tested distributing the report by sending it to myself and the pdf that was emailed to me was different with columns and rows missing.

Is it possible to format pdf files that get distributed?

Also, is it possible to set the page size to add more visuals from which when a user is viewing the report the option exists to scroll down to view more information?

2 REPLIES 2
JessLund
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, I am facing similar issues, did you manage to get it resolved?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You bring up several issues. 

• Selecting expand clipped content is correct but I would not select to show empty rows and columns. 
  • When you select expand clipped content, the beginning of the report will contain representations of the objects that cannot fully display, and offer an expand button in the upper right corner to go to the section of the PDF with the full content. This can make it appear that objects are duplicated with some being truncated and some showing the full object. However, that is the way that printing works. 
  • You cannot directly specify PDF settings for distribution, but the PDFs created for distribution should reflect the most recently saved print settings for the report. 
  • The print dialog box offers a page size option including custom. If the users are only viewing on a screen, you can adjust the page size as needed. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation