BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a table that gets updated regularly, but if it fails to update (via Enterprise Guide) it's a major problem for my users. I have included a field in the data showing the date/time the table was created (duplicate entries: 1 per row), and would like to be able to display this in my dashboard. How to do this? It seems text objects cannot take dates or character data and parameters don't update when the table does. 

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You could put just that column in a list table, and then hide the list table header row.

tfarkas
Obsidian | Level 7

Nice idea. I've tried a few of these objects to display the date. It just doesn't work. I thought the button bar in controls would be most useful, but the date just comes out as "(missing values)" in Report Viewer (It looks great in Report Designer). See photo of my result. The tiny dot in the upper left is where the date should show up. I have the date saved as character data. I tried resizing the column (it won't), resizing shortening the table (it's at minimum), and moving it to above the Contact List Object (it won't go there). I've tried two browsers. The first picture shows the dot with list, the second "(missing values)", which I find particularly odd.

show_update_fail.PNG 

show_update_fail_2.PNG

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation