BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saunvida
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community,

I’m working on Visual Analytics on SAS Viya 3.5 with monthly customer data that looks like this:

Period Product Active_Customers
Jan2004 Loan 10
Feb2004 Loan 15
... ... ...
Dec2012 Loan 22
Jan2004 Spend 19
... ... ...
Dec2012 Spend 41
Jan2004 Save 19
... ... ...
Dec2012 Save 41

I’ve added a product filter (dropdown list) and a time-slider to filter by 'Period' on the dashboard.

I have used Aggregated Periodic Operators (specifically the Relative Period operator) to calculate the 'Difference in Active Customers' for each period relative to the previous period.

Relative Period Expression.PNG

I want to do two things:
1. Display the latest value of 'Difference in Active Customers' for the selected product and time range in a Key-Value.
2. Display the average value of the last 12 rows of 'Difference in Active Customers' in a separate Key-Value.

I’m able to display the latest 'Difference in Active Customers' in a list table by ranking 'Period' (converted to numeric using TreatAs operator) and selecting the top 1 row. However, this approach doesn’t seem to work for Key-Value, as it shows missing values. I have attached an image for reference.

Dash.PNG

For the average of the last 12 rows, I attempted to use the Avg operator on 'Difference in Active Customers' variable but received an error: "Nested Aggregated Expressions are not supported."

How can I correctly display these two calculated values of 'Difference in Active Customers' in a Key-Value?
Any suggestions on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation