BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone

I wonder if you would be able to help me? I would like to direct SAS VA users to a specific report on login to the system as a global setting, rather than presenting them with the VA Hub welcome page. I've had a look around the SAS management console and the VA admin guide but cannot see how to do this. I can do this on an individual basis as there is an option within each users "settings" in the VA Hub which allows them to define where to go upon login. However, I have hundreds of users and so would prefer to define this globally rather than having to set on a user-by-user basis if at all possible!

I presume I will need to specify a new node within the advanced tab in the config manager for the "visual analytics hub 7.4" section, however I've not managed to find the specifics of the node detail required.

Is this something anyone would be able to help me with please (or if this isn't possible, could you advise)?

Thanks in advance

Matt Lynch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If it's possible for you, I would recommend to put links to the different reports on your intranet/sharepoit/website or whatever you have except fot the hub.

The easiest way to find the link is to open the report and then click send report. 

In the email you will find the link. You can also add options to remove the banner and buttons so only the report is visible,

Here's an exampel on a link that will show the report withou banners and menu:

http://[server name]/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer.jsp?reportViewOnly=true&reportNa...

Report path is the location in the metadata folder structure 🙂

//Fredrol

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If it's possible for you, I would recommend to put links to the different reports on your intranet/sharepoit/website or whatever you have except fot the hub.

The easiest way to find the link is to open the report and then click send report. 

In the email you will find the link. You can also add options to remove the banner and buttons so only the report is visible,

Here's an exampel on a link that will show the report withou banners and menu:

http://[server name]/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer.jsp?reportViewOnly=true&reportNa...

Report path is the location in the metadata folder structure 🙂

//Fredrol

matthewlynch
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the answer below and apologies for the delay in replying!

The below was actually the first solution I was hoping to implement, but the backup plan was to try and maintain the user experience within the SAS VA web environment rather than push out to a third party front-end. However, I do think this makes more sense so I'll go with your suggestion!

Thanks for your help

Best wishes

Matt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation