BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I have a client requirement which says that if there are 4 Rows in a List table the first row should have default selection, which means whenever we open the report the first row of the list table should be by default selected.

I could not find any option in VA which could facilitate "default selection".

It would be really great if anyone can please let me know if there is any why to do so? or it is not possible at all?

Regards,

Swapna

4 REPLIES 4
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Swapna,

Unfortunately by default selection is not possible in Tables and Graphs, instead of this you can use Controls (list, Dropdown etc..)

is there any reason to highlight the first row of the  list tab i.e....,  your using any interaction or filters through that table... 

Please share us screen shot to understand exact what you want !!! 🙂 

Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Teja,

Thank you for your prompt repose.

Yes I am using interactions, I am having a list table and a line chart in a section. whenever we select any of the row in the list table the line chart get filtered. This is the reason client wants to have a default selection in the list table, so that if the list table will have a default selection the line chart will have a default filter.

I hope I am clear this time.. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swapna

TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Swapan,

By default "default Selection" is not possible in list tab.Smiley Sad,

instead of this you can use list control or dropdown list and give interaction between Bar Chart and list control or dropdown list . These are all have default selection.

For Dropdown list

For List Control

Untitled.png

I hope that this will help you..

Regards,

Teja Surapaneni

SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Teja,

Thank you for the alternatives, but the client does not want to change the design..:smileyplain:

But yes thanks a ton for confirming the limitations and possibilities.. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swapna

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation