BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
xangadix
Obsidian | Level 7

In SAS VA I was trying to create a certain date format, but I can't get it to work.

By creating a calculated field, I can change the date format into DDMMJJJJ, but it shows DD/MM/YYYY and not the Dutch format DD-MM-YYYY.

Is there anyone that can tell me if this can be fixed and if so, how it can be done?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xangadix
Obsidian | Level 7

It might be a bit unorthodox, but this worked for me:

Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Format('DATEn[Raw], 'DTDATE9.'), 'JAN', '-01-', _First_), 'FEB', '-02-', _First_), 'MAR', '-03-', _First_), 'APR', '-04-', _First_), 'MAY', '-05-', _First_), 'JUN', '-06-', _First_), 'JUL', '-07-', _First_), 'AUG', '-08-', _First_), 'SEP', '-09-', _First_), 'OCT', '-10-', _First_), 'NOV', '-11-', _First_), 'DEC', '-12-', _First_)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lodewijk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi xangadix,

It would be helpful to see the formula you use in the calculated item.

Some thoughts:

• If it's a real date value, maybe the local settings can solve your problem. If you have the language in VA set to English, you also get the English formatting for dates and currencies etc. If you set it to Dutch does it change to the required format?
  • If you're using the Format function to create a character string, you can use the replace function to replace the / with a -

If this doesn't solve it, can you please post more info?

Thanks!

Lodewijk

xangadix
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Lodewijk, I'll give that REPLACE idea a try tomorrow.

If that doesn't work out, I'll post more info.

Lodewijk
Obsidian | Level 7

Also be sure to check out this article about using dates in parameters: Date parameters in SAS Visual Analytics

Since there's no option to have a true date in a parameter, you have to use tricks to use numeric and/or character parameters. The article is about these tricks, where the Format, Replace and Parse functions in conjunction with date formats solve the issue.

Best regards,

Lodewijk

xangadix
Obsidian | Level 7

It might be a bit unorthodox, but this worked for me:

Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Format('DATEn[Raw], 'DTDATE9.'), 'JAN', '-01-', _First_), 'FEB', '-02-', _First_), 'MAR', '-03-', _First_), 'APR', '-04-', _First_), 'MAY', '-05-', _First_), 'JUN', '-06-', _First_), 'JUL', '-07-', _First_), 'AUG', '-08-', _First_), 'SEP', '-09-', _First_), 'OCT', '-10-', _First_), 'NOV', '-11-', _First_), 'DEC', '-12-', _First_)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation