BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS Visual Analytics:

I restored my SAS to a last week backup recently. Once it was restored, all the programs were unharmed, however, the data contained in all the datasets was lost. So, now I can see my datasets name appearing in different libraries (say in LASR) but there is no data contained in it. 

Also, I tried created a few test datasets, but they again vanished once I rebooted my SAS.

Any clue about it? Is the backup corrupted? Or there can be other possibilities too?

Kindly help!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8
alexal
SAS Employee

@jitinsethi07,

The LASR server stores data in the memory, so when you restart your OS or the LASR server all of the data will be unloaded from the memory.

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You can put your data in a autoload folder so that they are read into memory each time you reboot the server 🙂

//Fredrik

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there any way to retrieve the data lost from LASR?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

What do you mean by lost? The LASR tables are unloaded from memory when you stop the server, but you should be able to simply reload them and your reports will work.

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7
I tried that but it won't work. There is something to do with the LASR server. All the programs and metadata is reloaded but not the datasets that created earlier.
alexal
SAS Employee

@jitinsethi07,

They won't reload automatically unless you have enabled the autoload process or reload-on-start. You have to reload them manually.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ
See Reload Methods in the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation