BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I am quite new to the SAS VA (7.4)

My data contains two data fields (start and end) that define the validity interval of each record (SCD type 2):

Item   Status                 StartDate        EndData

001     Not Active          3Nov2018      24Nov2018

001     Active                 25Nov2018    31Dec2999

002     Not Active          22Nov2018    31Dec2999

003     Active                 11Nov2018    20Nov2018

003     Not Active          21Nov2018    31Dec2999        

My goal is to select / filter only the records valid at a certain date selected, for example, through a single value slider.

Is it possible to do this directly with VA or it's necessary some workaround with data? For example, selecting 23Nov2018, how many items are active or Not Active?

Thanks in advance 

C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

I think you can do it 🙂

Create a parameter and connect it to the slider.

Then create a filter like "startDate <= [parameter] <= endDate", either as a data filter or on the objects you asre using.

The only thing is that the slider needs to be fed by data and you might not have all dates in your data set.

One way to solve this is by having a separate data set with the dates, and I think it only need to have the minimum and maximum dates and as long as it is a date variable the slider object will allow tou to select any date in between.

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

I think you can do it 🙂

Create a parameter and connect it to the slider.

Then create a filter like "startDate <= [parameter] <= endDate", either as a data filter or on the objects you asre using.

The only thing is that the slider needs to be fed by data and you might not have all dates in your data set.

One way to solve this is by having a separate data set with the dates, and I think it only need to have the minimum and maximum dates and as long as it is a date variable the slider object will allow tou to select any date in between.

//Fredrik

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation