BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Does data update  possible in VA with any feature or function not only present data ?

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your question isn't clear. Please explain what you mean in more detail.

Personally I find complete table reloads are the easiest approach with SAS VA with all of the data preparation done outside of VA in "normal" SAS.

MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6

I know , my question  is weird  but customer asked us they want to update some data which they see in VA . For example there is a table which is shown in VA. Does it possible to change data from current value to new value ?

MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6
I know VA is a kind of dashboard tool. As far as i know VA can only show data uploaded in many variation. adding or changing data in original source of table cannot possible right ? Maybe there is a trick solution ?
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@MuratDerin  - It is important to remember that if the LASR server shuts down you lose all of your SAS VA data. I find the best way of managing this is to keep a "mirror" of the VA data in a SAS library on disk. Once your LASR server is running again it is very easy to reload your data from the mirror library.

Of course you can run SAS programs that will change some of the variables in LASR tables, but then you also need to be able to recreate the same data after a LASR shutdown. This is where keeping a copy of the LASR tables on disk really helps. Also please note that when you add or delete variables in a LASR table you also need to update the SAS metadata definition of the table. 

MuratDerin
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks a lot !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation