BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HussainAkbar
Fluorite | Level 6

I just installed Visual Analytics 9.4.

If I browse any of the samples and open one, I get an error saying: "The requested data source was not found on this server: VAPUBLIC.VA_SAMPLE_SMALLINSIGHT".

Untitled-1.png

I assume that the samples data library is missing. How do I install / configure it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

We had to do the following:

• Log in with a user who has admin privledges and select Administrator from the Home button.
    This brings up the Manage Environment window.
  • From Management Environment, navigate to the Visual Analytics Public Data Provider library.
  • Right-click the name and select Register and Update Tables.
  • Click all the datasets called "VA_SAMPLE ... " to register them.
  • Restart the Public LASR Server.

This will cause the same datasets to load each time the LASR Server is restarted.  

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

We had to do the following:

• Log in with a user who has admin privledges and select Administrator from the Home button.
    This brings up the Manage Environment window.
  • From Management Environment, navigate to the Visual Analytics Public Data Provider library.
  • Right-click the name and select Register and Update Tables.
  • Click all the datasets called "VA_SAMPLE ... " to register them.
  • Restart the Public LASR Server.

This will cause the same datasets to load each time the LASR Server is restarted.  

Tricia Aanderud

HussainAkbar
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks.

The problem was that the LASR engine had not been started. Stupid of me.

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I'm sure you are not the first person to expereince that in this community. Man Wink

Good luck in your new adventure.

Tricia Aanderud

Megi
Calcite | Level 5

I am having the same problem, but I am not able to figure out which user to use to execute this procedure.

With an internal user I don't have the necessary rights and with a machine user I cannot access at all because Public access has been denied.

Which user should I use in this case?

Thank you,

Megi

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation