BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to run the query below in SAS VA. Each column within the query is the same variable from the parent dataset. This variable is defaulted to datetime when I selected it, and I'm trying to query the other one as a date variable.

ScreenClip.png

However, when I preview the query, the Datetime variable is the only one that displays correctly. The same variable when converted to Date type only shows up as "*******" as shown below. Is there a reason for this or something I can do to correct it?

ScreenClip.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe there is  more to the conversion that simply picking Date as the format. Something similar happens in SAS Information Map Studio.

http://support.sas.com/kb/31/331.html

You could try modifying the expression for the column as explained in the note.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7

Also, for some reason the screen shots I'm including in my question aren't showing up (at least I can't see them). I can see them when I'm editing the question but they disappear when I post. Sorry that I am not able to provide the pictures for context.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

I can see your screenshots, ewv! I can view them when both signed in and not signed in.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7
Awesome! Thanks Anna, that's good to know. It must be an issue with my browser
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe there is  more to the conversion that simply picking Date as the format. Something similar happens in SAS Information Map Studio.

http://support.sas.com/kb/31/331.html

You could try modifying the expression for the column as explained in the note.

ewv
Obsidian | Level 7 ewv
Obsidian | Level 7

Using the Datepart function appears to have worked! Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation