BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
amatthews
Calcite | Level 5

Hi! I've been using SAS VA, particularly Explorer and Designer, for a few months and am still confused by an issue I haven't seen addressed in the user manual or forums. (I believe my organization started with version 7.1, and now we're on 7.3.)

Can someone tell me what the rules are regarding data tips? I'm finding that I can only add them on certain types of visual and not others-- e.g., in Explorer you can have them on scatter plots but not bubble plots, whereas in Designer you can add them to both types. Moreover, sometimes I'm allowed to add categories AND measures as data tips-- other times it's just measures.

I'm not seeing any kind of rhyme or reason to these differences, and there have been several cases in which it would have been helpful to have that data tip capability. Can anyone give me some background?

1 REPLY 1
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7

Some graphs you are allowed to use categoty data tips some don't.  For example you can't use category data tips on geo maps.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation