BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dakes
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to create a view in data preparation but I am unfortunately greeted by the error in the title. Is there any I can get this to work?

SAS VA is version 7.4, the target database is SQL Server.

The reason I am trying to create a view is because creating a table just leads to VA showing "running" for hours without any results. The source table is 5gb big and consists of 23mio rows, maybe that is too much?

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2
Erik_Zencos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi David,

It really depends on your hardware, but 23 millions rows (5gb) is not that much. I once loaded a table that was around 115gb (oracle) and it took about 15 minutes (we had decent hardware). Have you tried to load a small table just to check that your server and library definitions is working? I would also take a look at the options in the library statement to see if you can optimize the query a bit. Take a look at the SAS Acess documentation (and google to find more specifc papers).

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=acreldb&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&docsetVersion=9.4&locale=e...

Regards,

Erik

dakes
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Erik,

thank you for your reply. I found the problem: I was downloading and uploading to and from the same database server. So even if it had worked I wouldn't have had the data where I wanted it (in the LASR server). I chose the correct library and now everything is working as expected.

Regards,

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation