BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ASHLY
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone, 

I have the bunch of calculations that i have to do in the backend. Because right now in SAS  VA 8.3 we don't have any function to calculate Proc standard and proc bnorm. So i have to take all these calculations to the backend and all these calculations work on the global filter which is in my front end as a page control list drop down and every time we select a filter the value will change according to the selection. 

My question, By using data-driven content, Is it possible to pass the global filter parameters through DDC and then it will pass all these parameters to data query and give me results?

Thanks in advance

Regards

ASH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @ASHLY,

Yes, Data Driven Content objects can receive not only data and column metadata, but also parameters from VA. In your particular case, you need to make sure you have parameters assigned in the Roles tab of your prompts (control objects).

Best,

Renato

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Renato_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @ASHLY,

Yes, Data Driven Content objects can receive not only data and column metadata, but also parameters from VA. In your particular case, you need to make sure you have parameters assigned in the Roles tab of your prompts (control objects).

Best,

Renato

ASHLY
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Renato, 

Thanks for your Reply. 

It would be great. If SAS can upload a video "How to work with DDC in brief" Because it's all new thing with less help content. 

Thanks

ASH

ASHLY
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Renato, 

Yup, articles are very helpful. I have gone through all of them. 

Thanks for your help. 

Regards

ASH 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation