BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sigord
Calcite | Level 5

I work in SAS VA 7.5 and use two data sources in my dashboard. To filter the values in the second auxiliary data source, I use the year parameter that I get from the drop-down list based on the first main data source. I then use this parameter in the advanced filtering formula. This works fine in edit mode, but in view mode it only works for the values that were selected when the dashboard was saved. If I change the year in view mode the second auxiliary data source is empty. How can this be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
Stu_SAS
SAS Employee

Hey @Sigord! From your description, it sounds like you're doing this:

• Drop-down filter with a year in data source 1
    • Year parameter in drop-down filter, 'year'p
  • Advanced data source filter in data source 2:
    • 'year'n = 'year'p

Can you confirm if the parameter is being set to a value when the report is opened? If not, this would cause 'year'p to initially not start off with a value.

Since both data sources share Year, have you tried mapping Year from data source 1 to Year in data source 2? That way you can avoid a parameter-based solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation