BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RichardPaterson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I would like to display on my VA report the date the underlying LASR tables were last loaded. I have managed to extract the load information from the LASR server. Now the problem I face is how to present this on the report. Ideally I would like to use a stored process for this purpose, whereby the stored process extracts the data about the parent report however the stored process has no knowledge of the report it is running in. 

I could request the user to enter the name of the report into a stored process prompt however this is error prone.

Got an idea? love to hear it!

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

What is the main problem you are trying to solve?  Show the user how fresh the data is? Many times I find the users don't care "when" the data was loaded - they want to know the "Freshness Date" of the data.  For instance, what is the date and time of the last transaction?

In this post:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/About-getting-the-max-date-in-a-table-field/td-p...

the issue is explained and the last suggestion is to use Ranking in a table to show the highest value.

Here's another reference where you might be able to solve the issue this way:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/About-getting-the-max-date-in-a-table-field/td-p...

Let me know how you work it out.  😉

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

RichardPaterson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Tricia, 

many thanks for your post. The technical side of my brain took over and I forgot to dive deeper into the real issue behind the customer question. This has now been addressed. We willl probably solve this issue by displaying the max date on the report. 

I hope SAS will add more tighter integration of stored processes into VA. But then I don't need to tell you how great stored processes are 😉

Richard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation